Whoa!

Two random thoughts occur to me while driving to work today.

Thought #1 - I have spend a lot on my office attires these days. So much that I think my buying spree have helped the textile industry and one particular tailor shop achieved the next level in the economy. Too much that, if the amount were combined, I would've been able to feed my entire office staff three meals a day for at least a month. A few hundreds here and there can have a huge impact on one's pocket.

Thought # 2 - As if the buying spree wasnt hard enough for the pocket, I find myself in a situation where my wardrobe seems to be getting smaller by days. The problem is I have a bunch of clothes for so many different activities. There are office wardrobe ( the traditional office wear with many different colors and matching scarfs, the business wear - jackets, tops,skirts and pants, all different colors, materials and with matching scarfs), the weekend wear (the casual wear, the dressy wear, the gym clothes)and the sleepwear (we have to have all those cute pieces do we?). As if this wasnt enough,lets add to the fact that these comes in regular size, post gym and low carb size, as well as one-day-I-will-fit-in-this size. There are even stuff I dont wear at all (winter clothing which wearing it in this hot and humid weather would renders the wearer irrevocably insane!) but cant box them or throw them because theres some sentimental attachment to it (if only I can remember what it was). And things that I did boxed up for storage will always end up hanging again at the back of the wardrobe for a 'just in case' occasion which obviously never occur. Sometimes they are there for more than a year, or even longer, while the newbie keeps on coming.

Reality check - Need to work on letting go and learn to manage wardrobe with a little common sense. Either this or whatever, something needs to be done, pronto!

Comments

Popular Posts